Zumba for me is fantastic, between running and Zumba I really do have the best of both worlds. Running is when I get down and dirty – it’s about sweat, grit and determination. Zumba is a laugh, it’s fun a time to cut loose and shed some inhibitions. We all need that from time to time.
At the beginning of each class where I have new clients I always tell them the same thing… Zumba is not a dance class, it’s a fitness class. So the most important thing to remember is to not get bogged down in the moves, as long as your arms and legs are moving you’re burning calories and boosting your cardio system and fitness levels then we’re cooking on gas!
Anyone that is worried about don’t being the best at throwing some shapes or being completely uncoordinated should not let that put you off. No one is going to make you feel bad for going the wrong way or forgetting a move. We’re just there to have fun and we happen to be getting a fantastic workout in the process!
My Classes start again in January – I know many of my Zumba guys and gals are following this blog so I’ll take this opportunity to remind them of the returning dates, venues and times (or stick a shameless plug into my blog 😀 )
- Monday 2nd January: Old Clee Church Hall: 8pm
- This is Claire’s Class but I often get up on stage with her to bust some moves – it’s rapidly becoming the Claire and Gemma extravaganza on a Monday nights.
- Tuesday 3rd January: Park Congregational Church, Durban Rd: 8pm
- Please Note: New start time for this Tuesday class, we will now be starting at 8pm
- The Wednesday class at Clee Young People’s Centre on Ladysmith Rd will not be back until the 11th January.
- On Thursday 5th January we’ll be back at Old Clee Church Hall again at 8pm
In addition to my own classes as outlined above, Claire does a wide compliment of classes across the Grimsby area and even further in Scotter, Healing and Messingham. We also work in conjunction with Bobbie Tilby who is a Zumba Gold instructor, Zumba Gold is intended for anyone whom is recently returning to exercise, for more mature clients or people that are overweight and just starting a weight-loss programme. It is a much lower impact form of what Claire and I do.
If anyone would like anymore details about any of the classes outlined above or would like information regarding Claire or Bobbie’s classes please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Zumba Information and Booking Hotline: 07974282950
While we welcome walk-ins where we are able January is a very busy time for the fitness industry so booking in advance is highly advisable to avoid disappointment – you can book your space by calling, sending a text or leaving a message on Facebook. Classes ar £4 each for the hour, bring a drink.
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zumbagrimsby/
(you will need to request to be added to this group – please hit the request button and an admin will approve your request as soon as possible.)
More details about Zumba coming soon, in the meantime, here’s some pictures!